We are seeking BICTIA’s next Executive Director
BICTIA is a non-for-profit organization that has a capitalist approach to fostering economic development. We serve a wide scope of public through three main pillars: i) training, ii) startups acceleration, and iii) seed capital contributions.
BICTIA is funded by NORAD, the economic development agency of the government of Norway, and has three strategic partners that sit on the board of directors: ProBogotá Región, IDN Norway and OIH Norway.
We are seeking BICTIA’s next Executive Director to join the team and board in building BICTIA’s next phase.
With impact on society built into our DNA, BICTIA is evolving to become the go-to player when it comes to innovative business models, tech transfer from abroad, helping early-stage startups in selected economic sectors with mentorship, connections and capital; and services provided to local corporates in need to understand innovation, technology and their relations to startups.
Over the last 4 years, BICTIA has worked with the digital ecosystem in Bogotá and Colombia, and operated public contracts at both the district and national levels. We’ve invested over US300K in 8 promising start-ups and we have trained +1,800 students in programming languages.
To continue its mandate and strengthen the impact on the local digital ecosystem, BICTIA is looking for a savvy, dynamic leader, prepared to steer the project as it enters its second phase. You will be expected to have exceptional social skills, the ability to build bridges with the international community in particular with Norway, be able to understand business models and identify their potential applications locally, understand the corporate mindset to be able to establish long-lasting relationships, never losing sight of the social impact that drive BICTIA’s activities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Define the strategic outlook of BICTIA for its second phase.
- Build and manage the team according to specific result frameworks.
- Comply with regulatory needs related to non-for-profits in Colombia.
- Report and discuss strategic issues with the board of directors.
- Become the face of BICTIA before the local market.
- Identify and submit proposals for international funding.
- Build a community around BICTIA.
- 5+ years of management experience and demonstrated strong management skills able to strike conversations and discussions with his/her team as well as the board of directors and different stakeholders.
- Self-driven, dynamic and opportunity seeker.
- Experience raising funds from the international community, a plus.
- Experience operating public contracts, a plus.
- Knowledge on the non-for-profit regulatory need and obligations.
- Business English fluency.
- Prior experience should include an understanding of business models and a growth mind-set.
- A strong network and natural networker.
- Technological background, a plus.
As soon as possible
The salary offered to the incoming Executive Director of BICTIA is a competitive salary, ranging between US4,500 – US6,500 per month, subject to experience and credentials. Additional compensation perks to be negotiated with the board of directors.
If you want to lead this exiting opportunity, please send us you CV to email@example.com
- We are seeking BICTIA’s next Executive Director
- Enterapia y Saludtools, dentro del ecosistema HealthTech en Colombia
- Las 100 mejores startups de Colombia 2021 (Listado)
- Bogotá is consolidating its position as the startup and tech capital of south America
- Aceleradoras de startups: qué son y cómo trabajan en Colombia